Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #127: Anna ’25 & Lauren ’25

By May 29, 2024 No Comments

Introducing Anna Hooper ’25 and Lauren Madrigal ’25 — today’s #HumansofIDP and two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Fun fact: Anna was Lauren’s facilitator when she was a 2610 student back in Fall ’22!

Why IDP?

Anna:

IDP has been absolutely transformative for me. It has given me some of my best friends. It allows me a space to consistently challenge myself. It motivates me to approach my work and relationships with intentionality, care, and curiosity. In IDP, I always feel encouraged, inspired, and connected.

Lauren:

IDP has been such an integral part of my time at Cornell. It has allowed me the opportunity to question and challenge everything I once took for granted. Making the familiar strange is no easy feat, and I think this program has done a great job of providing the support required to undergo such work. It really is a continuous process, built upon connection and consideration which I have yet to find anywhere else on campus.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Anna:

I am in constant admiration of Lauren’s ability to reflect, ruminate, and explore. She brings such intentionality and curiosity to each and every session. She asks the deep questions and always wants to know more. I am inspired by her devotion to this work, her passion for social identity education, and the humor and light she brings everywhere she goes.

Lauren:

Anna is such a pleasure to be around. She has such complex interests and ideas that I know myself and our students appreciate. Somehow, she is simultaneously able to make you feel considered and challenged, something I find deeply admirable. To me, she truly embodies what it means to be an IDP facilitator, and I can’t wait to see how she continues to impact the world with her kindness and strength.