Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #105: Lauren ’23 & Orania ’25

By May 30, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Introducing Lauren Moroz ’23 and Orania Al-Bulushi ’25 — today’s #HumansofIDP and two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Lauren:

IDP has provided me with the opportunity to reflect so deeply on myself and the role that I have in larger systems. I am constantly learning with and from the people around me, and I have loved to be a part of this community and to be able to grow in such a supportive environment.

Orania:

IDP has provided me with a new and exciting environment that I have yet to find anywhere else on campus. With IDP, I have developed a much deeper understanding of my own identity and those around me, and I have become a better listener, speaker, and communicator. I’m grateful for my growth in IDP and for the opportunity to learn from and hear the stories of so many different people.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Lauren:

Orania is great at figuring out exactly what students need in the moment to learn most, and then giving it to them. She is attentive, compassionate, honest, and so fun to work with! Her fantastic sense of humor and ability to get along with everyone are what make her so special.

Orania:

Lauren is the best listener I know! She is attentive to what everyone is saying during session, and to me even when I just talk to her about my life. I know that I can always count on her to be encouraging and supportive when we are working together, especially when I need it the most. I am happy that I had the chance to be Lauren’s last co-facilitator in this challenging and fun semester!