Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #109: Lucia ’26 & Orlando ’24

By November 7, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Meet Lucia Caravella ’26 and Orlando Galindez ’24, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester and today’s #HumansofIIDP. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Lucia:

IDP offers deeper connections and community with peers across Cornell, something I didn’t realize I needed so much. I love how IDP fosters the space to grapple with uncomfortable, nuanced realities while we acknowledge assumptions and broaden our perspectives by diving deeper into ourselves and learning from others. I’ll use the frameworks and skills learned through IDP for the rest of my life.

Orlando:

The connections I made with my peers and other students in IDP are honestly the main reason I keep coming back. There is no other class that I’ve taken like IDP, where you get to sit and talk candidly and genuinely with other Cornell students from such diverse backgrounds and majors.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Lucia:

I couldn’t have asked for a better co than Orlando. He’s supportive, thoughtful, and hilarious — and he shares a mutual love for eating Twizzlers while we work! I admire his dedication to growth and improving as a facilitator each session, and his ability to connect so easily with students. He’s someone you just really want to be friends with. It’s been the best experience facilitating for the first time with him.

Orlando:

Besides the fact that Lucia is a natural IDP facilitator who I can lean on in session if I am struggling, my favorite thing about my co is that I feel comfortable to be myself around her. She has such a warm and caring energy about her, but also a strong commitment to our students’ learning. It has honestly been really fun learning how to be a facilitator with Lucia!