Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #110: Nelson ’23 & Samira ’25

By November 13, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Happy Monday! Today’s #HumansofIDP are Nelson Liu ’23 and Samira Islam ’25, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Nelson:

IDP has given me an incredible community of genuine, caring people who care about justice and equity. Through this community of facilitators I’ve made many lesson plans, facilitated many students, and built many relationships that I cherish. The program has offered me a unique opportunity to understand others and better my life.

Samira:

IDP has been a space for me to more deeply reflect on my experiences and social identities and to engage in meaningful conversations with those around me. With IDP, I have become a better listener and better able to foster understanding and empathy within diverse groups of people. I truly value the connections I’ve made through IDP, as they have expanded my perspective and enriched my life.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Nelson:

Samira is an incredibly fun person to be around. She is creative and spontaneous, and she picks up on things quickly. She is also such a kind human being. There is so much consideration that goes into her words, and I can see how carefully she is thinking when communicating her thoughts.

Samira:

Nelson is someone I can always count on, whether that’s in the classroom or outside of it. His unwavering support and reliability have been a constant source of reassurance. I am always amazed by his ability to meet the students where they are and make everyone in the room feel valued. I am so grateful to have Nelson as my co-facilitator!