Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #121: Gavin ’26 & Joselyn ’25

By April 29, 2024 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Happy Monday! Today’s #HumansofIDP are Gavin Ross ’26 and Joselyn Auquilla ’25. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Gavin:

IDP has allowed me to have meaningful and deep conversations with my peers that I haven’t had before in other settings on campus. Being a facilitator has helped me grow both as a student and as a leader, and being a part of this community has introduced me to so many amazing people to connect with along the way!

Joselyn:

IDP has given me a vibrant community of passionate people coming from many different walks of life. Through this IDP community, I have gained a clearer understanding of the world around me, resulting in a clearer understanding of myself. I am thankful for the knowledge and skills IDP has given me as I navigate an ever-changing world.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Gavin:

Joselyn is my rock during session. She always keeps a level head even when I’m stressed, and always is able to respond to our students’ needs even when I feel un-equipped to do so. She both listens to what I have to say and provides great ideas and feedback. I’ve had such a wonderful time facilitating with Joselyn, and I’m excited to continue to work with her!

Joselyn:

Gavin’s genuine care for our class shines through every session. His real interest in learning more about our students, but also in challenging them to learn even more, has been inspiring as a facilitator. I can always rely on Gavin to have my back both in and out of session, and I am so grateful to have him as my co-facilitator!