Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #122: Celeste ’26 & Isaac ’26

By May 3, 2024 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Introducing Celeste Lim-Robinson ’26 and Isaac Dorio ’26 — today’s #HumansofIDP and two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Celeste:

I come back to IDP because of its emphasis on community-based change. I have always loved exploring social identity, but failed to create the impact I desired in traditional teaching formats. In IDP, co-learning demonstrates the power of sharing ourselves and intentionally practicing empathy and this allows us to pursue real social change directly through human connection.

Isaac:

IDP has transformed the way I view the world around me. I keep coming back because the work continues to expand my understanding and knowledge of social inequity and teaches me how I can be a better advocate for social change. It also has provided me with a wonderful community of humans who inspire me almost every day!

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Celeste:

I love Isaac’s unabashedly passionate energy. He meets every opportunity to dive deeper with such pure excitement to help others grow and connect. He never fails to pick up my spirits during our night sessions, and his love and care for his work shine through everything he does. Immediately you can tell this line of work was meant for him — it seems to brighten him from within.

Isaac:

Celeste is absolutely brilliant! Her passion for what we do in IDP is so entangled in her fun and strong personality that infuses unparalleled energy in the classroom. Sometimes, you run into someone truly inspiring; Celeste is that someone, and it is truly a pleasure getting to learn and work with her this semester!