Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #123: Claire ’24 & Vic ’24

By May 13, 2024 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Meet Claire Ceske ’24 and Vic Capobianco ’24, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators from this semester and today’s #HumansofIIDP. Here's what this pair has to say about IDP and one another!

Fun fact: These two graduating seniors also went to the same high school!

Why IDP?

Claire:

Every semester I find a new thing that I love about IDP, and right now I’m grateful for how empowered I feel to name and talk through social identity dynamics in my social life. Previously I would have been scared to even acknowledge a dynamic, but now I can talk through the discomfort and see this as an opportunity for more connection, not less.

Vic:

It’s hard to articulate the profound gratitude and appreciation I have for this work and all I’ve learned through IDP. Even in my last semester as a facilitator, I continue to discover new things about myself and my identities. I am truly going to miss this wonderful community and the space it provides me to explore my most genuine curiosities around social justice.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Claire:

My favorite thing about Vic is her true authenticity. She always answers genuinely about how she is doing and empowers me to do so, too. This really helps us connect as full people and communicate better as co-facilitators and as friends. I am really grateful that we are able to have fun and relax into the process during our co meetings, while also being able to meet each other’s needs in the moment.

Vic:

My love for facilitating with Claire grows with each session. She is so profoundly thoughtful, and I am constantly amazed by her ability to examine the course content in nuanced ways. Claire brings a level of intellectual curiosity that truly embodies what it means to be both a teacher and a learner. I am so grateful to be her co and her friend.