Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #126: Reynold ’26 & Samira ’25

By May 23, 2024 No Comments

Meet Reynold Dundas ’26 and Samira Islam ’25, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators from this semester and today’s #HumansofIIDP. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Reynold:

IDP not only allowed me to make lasting connections with the people in my small group, but it also taught me a wide variety of conversational skills that have proved invaluable. Whether I’m having a heart-to-heart with a friend or conversing with somebody across difference, I’m able to express myself in a manner that shows respect for everyone involved. Now that I’m a facilitator for the course, I get to revisit the many facets of the course I adored, all while learning just as much as I teach!

Samira:

IDP has given me a space for genuine connections with others, something I truly value. As a student and facilitator at IDP, I appreciate the unique approach to co-learning in which we are all teachers and learners. Being able to have conversations around societal issues, cultural differences, and personal experiences fosters a rich environment for empathy, understanding, and growth. IDP is such a loving and supportive community that I am grateful to be a part of!

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Reynold:

My favorite thing about Samira is that she always brings her full self to every aspect of a session. It’s fascinating to watch her switch on the fly; one moment, she’s deeply invested in a conversation with a student about their week. The next, she’s engaging with the course material in a manner that grabs even my attention…and I already know the material! It’s clear how much she enjoys her work, and how comfortable our class feels around her. Facilitating with her is nothing short of a joy!

Samira:

Reynold is such a thoughtful and passionate person. I admire his ability to lead with grace and curiosity. His dedication to understanding others’ perspectives and his willingness to listen deeply fosters an environment of mutual respect and trust. He is intentional and thoughtful in the questions he asks, inspiring us to push ourselves and dig deeper. In the classroom, his unwavering support and encouragement uplift me to be the best version of myself. I am grateful to have Reynold as my co!