- Connect more effectively with students, faculty, and colleagues.
- Prepare yourself to engage in diversity & inclusion processes in your future career as a scholar/professional.
- Explore your own social identities and learn how they relate to larger structures.
- Feel confident addressing power dynamics in your field.
- Learn how to respond to uncomfortable comments and situations.
- Engage in meaningful conversations about and across differences.
- Communicate productively through conflict.
- Collaboratively think about ways you can enact positive social change.
- Get to know a diverse group of scholars who are interested in similar topics!
Through an interactive process known as intergroup dialogue, this program provides participants with opportunities to explore how their social identities shape their professional choices and teaching/learning styles, how to build capacity to have meaningful dialogue and effective collaborations across social, cultural and power differences, and how to explore the power of alliances when seeking to create an inclusive environment.