Cornell’s Intergroup Dialogue Project (IDP) is excited to announce the Spring 2022 launch of an advanced 3-session program designed specifically for faculty, graduate students, and student-facing staff who have completed one or more of our extended engagement programs.
Do you want to continue practicing and building IDP skills with a collaborative group of peer experts?
Do you want to learn more advanced tools and frameworks to help you work toward meaningful DEI progress in your unit?
Do you need a confidential and supportive environment to share and reflect on your practices, experiences, and strategies related to inclusive advising, teaching, and mentoring?
The number of faculty, graduate students, and staff who have participated in our extended-engagement programs is growing. In an ever-changing landscape of awareness and efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we have heard from many of you a desire for ongoing training, practice, connection, and collaboration.
To meet these needs, we are launching this program to provide you with opportunities to:
- Practice and build on the skills and frameworks for dialogue that were introduced in your earlier IDP programs
- Strategize, share, and troubleshoot your DEI conversations and efforts
- Connect with a supportive network of faculty, staff, and graduate students to promote collaborative, meaningful change in your spheres of influence
The program is comprised of three 2-hour sessions that provide opportunities to learn, practice, and implement dialogue skills with a cohort of advanced participants. Sessions will be held in person (or virtually if necessary). The course will be facilitated by the IDP team.
Participants will be asked to:
- Invest 1 hour of preparation before each session, e.g. reading, watching, or reflecting
- Attend all three sessions, and communicate promptly with facilitators if unable to attend a session
The course will meet Fridays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. on the following dates:
Session 1: February 4th, 2022
Session 2: March 4th, 2022
Session 3: April 1st, 2022
Registration forms are due by Friday, January 14th. We will use the information in this form to tailor the sessions to participants’ needs. Space is limited and we may not be able to accept everyone who submits a form. We will notify you of your status in the program by Monday, January 24th.