Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #106: Lauren ’25 & Nelson ’23

By June 7, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Closing out the semester, we’re featuring our final EDUC 2610 co-facilitator pair, Lauren Madrigal ’25 and Nelson Liu ’23! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Lauren:

IDP is a space for critical connection and dialogue that enables thinking and working toward social change. With the IDP process, I have been able to reclaim my agency and hope as an individual, empowered to address societal inequities. I really appreciate that IDP provides a safe environment for self- exploration by recognizing that there is always room for more growth.

Nelson:

IDP has given me the frameworks to understand the mechanisms of human society and where I hold power and responsibility to contribute and make change. This process and community have allowed me to see the fullness and complexity of others and given me the skills to be a kinder human for myself and others.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Lauren:

My favorite thing about Nelson is his ability to think outside of the box. He is always willing to take the conversation to new and exciting places that were not originally planned. He has a very curious mindset and is always willing to ask challenging questions — something I learn a lot from.

Nelson:

Lauren is kind, accepting, fun to be around, and she can really roll with the punches. She holds herself to a high standard and cares a lot about doing good work. Facilitating together is truly a joy filled with laughter and our mutual commitment to making magic happen with our class.