Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #108: Claire ’24 & Isaac ’26

By November 2, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Introducing Claire Qian ’24 and Isaac Dorio ’26 — today’s #HumansofIDP and two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Claire:

IDP has given me the space to better understand myself and others, a transformative experience in the classroom and beyond. In IDP, I have felt empowered to develop a more complex and nuanced approach to dialogue and communicating across differences (and similarities). IDP is truly an invaluable opportunity to form genuine connections and foster communities of belonging!

Isaac:

IDP has truly transformed my relationships with myself and with others. Facilitating has given me concrete tools to recognize systems of social inequity and have the agency to create change within myself and my communities. I am so thankful to be part of IDP and to have the space to talk about and question how our society works historically, systemically, and structurally. IDP is two words: life-changing!

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Claire:

Isaac is a dynamic, inspirational icon who never fails to make others both laugh and deeply introspect. Approaching every dialogue session with genuine curiosity and never-ending energy, Isaac has been truly amazing to collaborate and facilitate with. A unique blend of Celsius, intelligence, and kindness, Isaac is an incredible co, friend, and human being.

Isaac:

Claire just gets me. She is so easy to talk to and has such a free spirit and fun energy. I love facilitating with her because she keeps it real and isn’t afraid to be herself while still being super insightful. She never ceases to make me laugh and has an incredibly comforting presence in class and out.