Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #111: Hans ’25 & Lauren ’25

By November 21, 2023 May 23rd, 2024 No Comments

Introducing Hans Garcia ’25 and Lauren Madrigal ’25 — today’s #HumansofIDP and two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Hans:

IDP has helped me redefine and raise my expectations for my community at Cornell. IDP gives me an opportunity to learn about broader systems and structures and my everyday interactions with them, which I find extremely fascinating. I’ve also found that IDP aligns with my personal values of connection and communication and allows me to practice them. I’m so grateful to be part of such a wonderful team!

Lauren:

As a part of IDP, I’ve been empowered to connect with others meaningfully, abundantly, and critically. Together, we dissect ourselves and society, allowing us to break barriers and strategize for change. I’ve found an incredible community in IDP, which enables me to seek out the ways in which I can contribute to the realization of a socially just world.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Hans:

Lauren is one of the best people I’ve ever met, and I’m truly blessed to have her as my co for my first time facilitating! She always strives to engage in a deeper way with the course content, and she motivates me to do the same. She is selfless, kindhearted, and incredibly supportive of me and our class, but my favorite thing about Lauren is her genuine care and empathy for everyone.

Lauren:

Hans is incredibly caring and empathetic, both as a facilitator and as a friend. His open-minded approach to life is inspiring and fun, and I can always count on him to brighten my day. In the classroom, his commitment to humility and growth really shows, and makes facilitating together consistently an exciting and engaging experience.