Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #57: Amy Shen ’21, Chelle Davies ’22, & Marina Grais ’21

By November 9, 2020 October 11th, 2021 No Comments

Today we’re highlighting Amy ‘21, Chelle ‘22 and Marina ‘21, three more of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here’s what these three have to say about IDP and one another:

Why IDP?

Amy:

I learned about EDUC 2610 while searching for more thought-provoking discussion based courses that provided an opportunity for intimate conversations with peers. I absolutely loved the genuine and vulnerable conversations that the IDP space cultivated when taking the class, and that’s what drew me to return as a facilitator. I’m incredibly grateful for the privilege of being in a space with peers where we can each share our true selves while striving to better understand others.

What is your favorite thing about your co-facilitators?

Chelle:

Amy and Marina bring such unique perspectives and fun to the section! Amy brings a fresh set of eyes to our lesson planning and is always thinking about how we can make our students’ experiences the best they can be. Marina is very grounded as a facilitator, but she’s also always open to learning and adapting. I think working together with our different facilitation styles has made us all stronger facilitators, both individually and as cos.

What is the most rewarding part of being an IDP facilitator?

Marina:

It’s hard to pick just one rewarding part of being an IDP facilitator. Since facilitating my first time, I knew IDP would become my favorite community here at Cornell. IDP has helped me become more educated on social issues, and to think more critically about the systems I am a part of. IDP has also allowed me to ask questions about my own identities and the role they play in how I navigate the world, while also learning from other people’s lived experiences. IDP has been a home for me, not only because I feel like my ideas are always welcomed and encouraged, but because I feel like I can be my true self in this space.