Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #75: Sydney ’23 & Thomas ’23

By December 2, 2021 December 21st, 2021 No Comments

Meet Sydney Palmer ‘23 and Thomas Petluck ‘23, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Sydney:

I am so grateful to have found IDP in my first semester at Cornell. It never fails to challenge me as a student, teacher, and person, in ways that have only furthered my growth over the years. IDP is my most valued ally, offering not only a community of perspective-taking and curious people, but an endless resource that has allowed me to navigate my own pursuits and passions outside of Cornell. This community has been the greatest addition to my Cornell career and I’m so happy to be facilitating once again.

Thomas:

I came back to EDUC 2610, this time assuming the role of a facilitator, because I wanted to strengthen my dialogue skills with other students, student staff, and professional staff I interact with in my leadership roles at Cornell. Additionally, I have found IDP concepts and tools to be extremely useful in my personal life when engaging in conflict.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Sydney:

Thomas is without a doubt the most lively addition to our late night IDP sessions. He brings a level of energy to our class that is contagious and always brings a smile to our student’s faces. I’m so happy to be facilitating with him for his first semester because I have the unique opportunity of watching him find his way. His passion for this work is something that continues to amaze me not to mention his top tier sense of humor. Thomas is simply the best 😎

Thomas:

My favorite thing about Sydney is her authentic personality. Sydney’s authenticity really brings that nature out in me during EDUC 2610 sessions, and it always makes session something I am looking forward to.