Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #71: Kathryn ’22 & Sierra ’24

By October 13, 2021 November 23rd, 2021 No Comments

This week we’re highlighting Kathryn Stamm ‘22 and Sierra Kinsler ‘24, two of our Fall ‘21 EDUC 2610 co-facilitators, and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Sierra:

IDP is a space where I can step out of my comfort zone to learn more about myself and others, knowing that everyone around me is willing to do the same. The kind of authenticity that I see here is impossible to beat. I carry lessons from my IDP discussions everywhere with me and my interactions on campus have improved significantly because of it.

Kathryn:

IDP has fundamentally shaped my experience at Cornell, defining my expectations for learning and for being in community, as it sets the highest possible standard. This program aligns so closely with and has helped clarify my values of curiosity, connection, communication, and justice, and I am immensely grateful that I found this group of people and this mission so early in my Cornell career. As a bleary-eyed and washed-up almost-graduated senior, I look back to IDP so fondly as the home of so many of my most cherished memories. Here is where I learn, connect, grow, teach, share, and find myself. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Kathryn:

It’s really fun to facilitate with someone who is the same place I was two years ago and to watch Sierra find her place and community so clearly. She pushes our students and everyone around her (including me) constantly, all supported by a deep belief in us and the warmest compassion for where people around her are. And this is the case for herself, too, as she stretches more and more all while holding to her values. She is open-minded and cares so much, and I think my favorite part about facilitating with her is her constant pursuit of more.

Sierra:

My favorite thing about Kathryn is that she is extremely passionate! She talks about everything that she is involved in with so much selflessness and intent that I am constantly inspired to do what I love on campus. This shines through during our sessions where she values the growth of our students above all else.