Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #72: Khary ’22 & Nelson ’23

By October 21, 2021 December 2nd, 2021 No Comments

This week we’re highlighting Khary Pryce ‘22 and Nelson Liu ‘23, two of our Fall ‘21 EDUC 2610 co-facilitators, and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Khary:

IDP is such an amazing mix of great people giving guidance, support, and space to explore the way I fit into the world around me. I could try to read and educate myself on communicating across difference, but it wouldn’t be the same—it’s the people in IDP who really enhance the entire experience, sharing their worlds and perspectives, that keep me coming back.

Nelson:

I come back to IDP as a facilitator every semester because I believe in the importance of the work we do. We are educators, social humans, and are willing to do the difficult work to give people the tools to live better in their places. I find myself growing and changing every semester when I hear new stories and perspectives from a new cohort of students, and notice how I’ve changed as we do our planned activities and revisit the same readings as a different person.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Khary:

Nelson is the perfect complement to my style of leading in the classroom. This is my first time working with him and he is just so good at keeping it engaging and fresh for me and everyone involved! At the same time, he expertly manages dynamics, course content, and instruction, keeping us structured and guiding us to our goals each session.

Nelson:

My favorite thing about Khary is her ability to bring fun, authentic energy wherever she goes. Khary is easy to talk to, dependable, and can really light up a room. She is receptive to (and provides) real and honest feedback. Fun fact: we also found out that we are birthday twins! It’s been a pleasure facilitating with Khary so far, and I can’t wait to make this semester an even better experience for us and our students.