Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #80: Cat ’22 & Kathryn ’22

By April 22, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

Meet Cat Wambura ‘22 and Kathryn Stamm ‘22, two of our spring 2022 EDUC 2610 co-facilitators and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Cat:

IDP has been a very crucial and invaluable experience in my personal and career development. I am constantly empowered with tools and framework that positively impact my personal reflection around my experiences and identities. As a student with ambitions to work in global health, IDP has helped me learn how to effectively listen and communicate across differences.

Kathryn:

IDP has revealed so much to be about myself, others, and the world and given me the lens through which to see it. IDP has empowered me to stand in my own views and beliefs, knowing that people have something to learn from them, and enabled me to hear and learn from others. Every framework is one I’ve incorporated into nearly every aspect of my life. I am so grateful for how it’s changed me as a person and the relationships it’s gifted me.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Cat:

Kathryn’s dedication to IDP and her use of dialogue and facilitations skills in class and outside of session never cease to amaze me. I love seeing Kathryn’s continuous commitment in our students’ growth and development within IDP especially in the ways she effortlessly and bravely tackles and challenges dynamics in class. I look up to her as a long time facilitator in the IDP community. As this is our last semester, it is exciting that she brings in new ways that we can challenge ourselves in the space and help each other grow as facilitators.

Kathryn:

Cat and I vibe SO well and so easily. I feel so confident when I facilitate with Cat because she puts me at ease and makes space for me to shine. She is a mirror as a facilitator, always reflecting back the best parts of the people around her. She has such strong values and high standards for herself and she handles herself with such grace and humility. She is an utter joy to work with.