Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #86: Lauren ’23 & Nelson ’23

By October 31, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

We’re excited to kickoff this semester’s #HumansofIDP series with Lauren Moroz ‘23 and Nelson Liu ‘23, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators for Fall ‘22! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Lauren:

IDP has been an incredibly important part of my Cornell experience! I love being a part of such a supportive and inspiring community. I have learned so much during my time in IDP, and am constantly motivated and inspired by IDP and its wonderful people!

Nelson:

IDP has given me a lens of social identity and human connection to view the world. Beyond incredible interpersonal and communication skills, IDP has allowed me to see myself and others as complicated and nuanced, laying the foundation for being a kinder and more patient human.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Lauren:

Nelson is so creative and inventive. He is constantly thinking of new ways to engage students in the classroom and is extremely receptive to their feedback (whether verbal or implicit). I look forward to facilitating with him because he finds ways to keep it fresh and fun!

Nelson:

I love that Lauren is both gentle and firm at the same time. She is kind and thoughtful in her responses, yet is also a genuine soul with strong values and dedication. My favorite IDP moments with Lauren are seeing her in action explaining concepts or following up with students in class.