Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #98: Belinda ’23 & Julia ’23

By April 28, 2023 January 6th, 2024 No Comments

Today’s #HumansofIDP are Belinda Zhang ’23 and Julia Richardson ’23! These second-semester seniors are two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Belinda:

I love that IDP is structured in a way that allows me to learn from my classmates and actually apply the transferrable skills that are taught. It has challenged and empowered me in ways that I’ve never experienced in any other classroom at Cornell. I’ve learned so much about myself and the world around me through IDP, but the very best part is all the amazing people I’ve met 🙂

Julia:

As someone who loves to talk to people, I appreciate that IDP gives me the space to meet new people and hear different perspectives, while learning applicable communication skills and centering my experiences within broader social systems. IDP has become my favorite community on campus, because I am embraced for being my genuine self, always.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Belinda:

My favorite thing about Julia is her cat… Just kidding! Julia’s energy and genuine love for life is so contagious. Her enthusiasm motivates me both in and outside of session and I’m so grateful to have Julia as my co-facilitator.

Julia:

Though we only met this semester, Belinda and I have become such close friends; she welcomed me with open arms, as she does with everyone. Belinda has this natural ability to affirm everyone she encounters; she is warm, empathetic, bold, and incredibly intuitive. Belinda inspires me to live my life more thoughtfully, I could not be more grateful to have her as my co.