Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #99: Bella ’24 & Llorenz ’23

By May 4, 2023 January 6th, 2024 No Comments

Meet Bella Threlkeld ’24 and Llorenz Meliton ’23, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester and today’s #HumansofIIDP. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Bella:

I am a very curious person, and IDP is the first space at Cornell that I have had the opportunity to question everything from the way societal structures impact different groups of people to the way I listen. This program has made me more empathetic, and has helped me communicate in a much clearer and deeper way. I am so grateful for a space that allows me to challenge myself to be a better person every day and to share with students these tools that have changed my life.

Llorenz:

IDP transformed my life by teaching me how to connect with others across social differences. IDP has taught me and continues to teach me how to be empathetic. I’m incredibly grateful to meet so many wonderful IDPeople and to have learned some incredible dialogue tools along the way!

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Bella:

Llorenz always shows up to session with a huge hug and a cookie, and I think this just one of many ways he shows how kind, empathetic, and supportive of a person he is. I am always amazed to see the care with which he talks to our students, and his ability to skip the small talk and form deeper connections is so impactful. Llorenz has become become such a grounding force in my life and I mean… c’mon, who doesn’t love that smile?

Llorenz:

Bella is one of the most empathetic, insightful, and hilarious people I know. I appreciate her infectious smile and the fact that she makes time to check in on me whenever I am having a bad day. It’s an honor to learn from her and with her every time we meet. Bella is bestie!