Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #82: David ’22 & Isa ’24

By May 13, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

Meet David Moore ‘22 and Isa Goico ‘24, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators and this week’s #HumansfIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

David:

IDP is an incredibly unique space. I’ve never experienced anything like this program, and I’ve been able to foster great relationships with great people because of the things I’ve learned as both a participant and a facilitator. I feel confident that I can engage authentically with my peers and learn so much from them and about them. I love the fact that we welcome discomfort and create space to have those tough yet meaningful conversations. I’m super excited about the increased popularity IDP has as of late, and I know that we are making a positive and impactful change to culture on this campus. The human need to connect is innate, and I’m grateful to be part of a program that not only allows me to fulfill that need, but also equips me with the tools to facilitate dialogues that fulfill that need for others. I’m upset that I’ll no longer have as much access to the IDP community once I graduate, and I’d be lucky to replicate even half of the joy I’ve had as a result of my time here.

Isa:

When taking the course, IDP became my main space of belonging here on campus. I chose to facilitate to help other students in my position find community and connection. Through the peer/facilitator community I have been able to make a space for myself here at Cornell.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

David:

Isa is a fantastic co-facilitator! They are incredibly insightful and empathetic, and they are extremely skilled at educating others. This is Isa’s first time as an IDP facilitator, but you’d never know unless they told you. They are often early to set up in the room and so eager to start this work–it makes educating alongside them a breeze. I’ve had a blast getting to know them better and learning how to mesh our facilitation styles in a way that’s most conducive for leading a late night session every week. Even though our sessions don’t start until 7:30, I can count on Isa to be as sharp as tack and support me if I need it.

Isa:

David has a killer sense of style! With amazing color coordinated durags and stellar dance moves, when he walks into a room everyone wants to be his friend.