Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #83: Bianca ’23 & Serena ’24

By May 18, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

Happy Wednesday everyone! This week we’re highlighting Bianca Bryant ‘23 and Serena Singerman ‘24, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators this semester, as our #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Bianca:

I love that IDP provides me with a space to continuously explore my own identities and unpack my experiences and emotions. In IDP, I feel I can truly be my most authentic self and connect with others in ways that are so special.

Serena:

My semester as a student in IDP completely shifted my outlook. I had never experienced a space in which our personal narrative was vital for learning and I was granted the opportunity to hear from different perspectives. I decided to become a facilitator because I wanted to continue co-learning and help students have the same positive experience I did. When at IDP, I feel as though I am creating genuine human connections and having real conversations- something that happens far too rarely in our day to day life at Cornell.

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Bianca:

Serena is so passionate about IDP, our students, and making meaningful connections with others. She constantly seeks to challenge herself and supports my growth and development in such a genuine way.

Serena:

It is hard to pick one favorite thing about Bianca. As a first-time facilitator, I look up to Bianca and view her as a role model within the IDP space. She can balance being passionate with being purposeful within the space, which is something I admire. Bianca is also hilarious, adding levity when needed in the room. I could not have asked for a better co-facilitator and honestly could not imagine my first semester facilitating with something else.