Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #88: Llorenz ’23 & Rosie ’25

By November 14, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

Meet Llorenz Meliton ‘23 and Rosie You ‘25, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators, and this week’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what this dancing duo has to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Llorenz:

IDP transformed my life. The communication skills we learn help me better understand and navigate conflict with both loved ones and strangers. I’m so grateful to this community for helping me become more empathetic and explore my identities. I love being able to connect with so many wonderful people!

Rosie:

There’s always a point in life where one feels unheard or misunderstood. IDP has helped me realize that there’s a myriad of diverse and strong support networks that exist to guide me through such times. Both as a student and as a facilitator in IDP, I continue to be challenged to improve within and beyond the classroom. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Llorenz:

My favorite thing about Rosie is how empathetic she is. She is always thinking about the well-being of others, like when she got me coffee before class when I mentioned I didn’t sleep well the night before. I’m grateful to co-facilitate with Rosie because her kindness and mindfulness in the classroom inspire me to be a better facilitator. She also plays the most fire music before class!

Rosie:

Llorenz’s presence is so peaceful yet energetic, something I always look up to him for. He’s supportive in every way possible, whether it’s as a co-facilitator or a friend. His empathetic approach to dialogue inspires me to delve into deeper understandings of myself and others.