Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #89: Alex ’23 & Vic ’24

By November 17, 2022 January 3rd, 2024 No Comments

We’re excited to highlight two more #HumansofIDP this week! Meet another one of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitator pairs, Alex Castroverde ‘23 and Vic Capobianco ‘24. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Alex:

At first, I took EDUC 2610 as a CALS requirement. I decided to stick around because as I began to use IDP’s teachings outside the classroom with my friends and family. I was able to see so many visible changes in how I communicated with friends, the topics we talked about, and more. 

Vic:

IDP cultivates a unique space in which there are no limits to my personal growth. The frameworks and tools I have gained from IDP are fundammental to how I interact with others and the structures around me. As a result, I’ve been able to connect with myself and others. In developing deeper connections, I have discovered a newfound passion for social justice work. I love how IDP extends beyond the theory to allow me to recognize my agency. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Alex:

Vic is my friend inside and outside of IDP. She brings so much insight and new perspective in the classroom and has so much interest and curiosity for each and every student. One thing I love about Vic is when the wheels are going and she knows that she helped students’ curiosity pique, she has the biggest smile on her face and wants to keep pushing the class. 

Vic:

Simply put, Alex is such a wonderful human being. I admire her authenticity when we’re in session. The energy she brings to any space she fills is palpable, and I often find myself laughing in her presence. Alex and I were partners for the interview assignment when I took EDUC 2610 last semester, and I feel so fortunate to be her co-facilitator this fall.