Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #93: Anna ’25 & Fatima ’23

By December 7, 2022 January 5th, 2024 No Comments

Meet Anna Hooper ‘25 and Fatima El Ashram ‘23, two of our EDUC 2610 co-facilitators and today’s #HumansofIDP! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Anna:

IDP allows me to see myself in ways that I didn’t before. In IDP, I am a teacher, student, friend, and someone who is capable of enacting part of the change I’d like to see in the world. I continue to dive into IDP with the knowledge that I will never stop learning and I will continually become a better version of myself in all areas of my life. 

Fatima:

IDP has had such a huge impact on my life, and I wanted to be a facilitator to have a positive impact on other students like the one my facilitators had on me. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Anna:

Fatima’s desire to connect is infectious. She demonstrates an amazing level of care and acceptance for our students each and every session. I always see her forming new friendships and finding so much joy from getting to know new people. Fatima is a friend that raises you up and inspires you to be a better version of yourself. 

Fatima:

My favorite thing about Anna is how perseverant and enthusiastic she is. I look up to Anna and I enjoy learning from and alongside her. Despite being very different people, co-facilitating together feels so smooth and natural. I’m grateful she is my first co!