Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #94: Shrutika ’25 & Sydney ’23

By January 27, 2023 January 5th, 2024 No Comments

We hope you had a great first week of classes! Rounding out our wonderful batch of #HumansofIDP from the fall semester, we have two more EDUC 2610 co-facilitator pairs to highlight.

Meet Shrutika Damle ’25 and Sydney Palmer ’23. Sydney facilitated two (!) sections for us in the fall. Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

Why IDP?

Shrutika:

IDP is one of the most thought-provoking and relevant classes I have taken on campus. It opened my eyes to the complex interactions between social identities and systemic issues. The class helped me feel empowered and gave me the tools to create change. I chose to facilitate IDP because I want to help share the mission IDP stands by, the community it creates, and the conversations it fosters!

Sydney:

I remember taking IDP for the first time as a first-year. It was the only class I had ever taken where my educators showed genuine interest in my and my growth. Since becoming a facilitator, I continue to see that dedication in my fellow facilitators and students. No matter how many times I facilitate this class, I never fail to learn something new about myself or the people around me. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Shrutika:

My favorite thing about Sydney is her passion for IDP. She is a seasoned facilitator and she brings in amazing energy and new insights during each of her sessions. Her love for IDP pushes me to work harder and become a better facilitator. I also admire her ability to learn new things from every situation. I always look forward to my sessions with Sydney!

Sydney:

My favorite thing about Shrutika is her genuine and welcoming personality. When we first met in facilitator training, it was so easy to start connecting with each other. Shrutika is very clearly dedicated to the IDP process and it is evident in her care for our students and the way that we teach. I’m very lucky to work with her!