Undergraduate students

Humans of IDP #95: Coco ’25 & Jalen ’23

By February 7, 2023 January 5th, 2024 No Comments

We’re excited to feature Coco Dawkins ’24 and Jalen Knight ’23 as our last pair of EDUC 2610 co-facilitators from the fall semester! Here's what these two have to say about IDP and one another!

#HumansofIDP will start again soon to highlight our brand new spring semester pairs. Please stay tuned!

Why IDP?

Coco:

IDP is a place to connect intentionally, which is simultaneously challenging and a refreshing space at Cornell! I appreciate how IDP keeps empathetic listening as a core value and practice in my life, because it’s enriched my relationships inside and outside of the classroom. Specifically, the systems thinking we do in IDP has given me a lot of hope and curiosity.

Jalen:

I chose IDP because I am very passionate about discussing how inequity impacts our society. Also, I love how IDP provided me with a space to discuss how to affect change. Often, we can feel as if our passion to change our world is too much of a daunting task, but IDP showed me that I can even impact within my own social networks. 

What's your favorite thing about your co-facilitator?

Coco:

My favorite thing about Jalen is her energy, which is so grounding both sitting next to her in class and chilling on the IDP office’s big red beanbag. I appreciate her ability to see our growth as facilitators and as a class of curious people. 

Jalen:

My favorite thing about Coco is her spirit. She is naturally kind and easy-going. She is easy to talk to, and I admire how she is able to connect quickly with all people.